Friday, January 22, 2010

Twenty Five Years Ago

Photobucket...the first words I heard upon awakening from anethesia. An 8 lb. 13 oz. bundle of blue. Actually I was disappointed at the weight as I had been sure that this child had to be at least 15 pounds, maybe 20, so much had I gained, so uncomfortable had I been. But 8 lb. 13 oz., ... so the rest was really me, well after the water weight and they told me there was a lot of that! After a short induced labor a c-section was performed and thank God as the cord was wrapped around his neck. Again we had been given a miracle. His brother, five months shy of his ninth birthday, was our first miracle, a premie and an amazing story for his birthday!

Three more tries to get to today, tonight, 25 years ago ... he was born at 7:55pm; I didn't get to see him until the next morning. Even with sedation it had been a difficult birth and night and with IV's in both arms I wasn't able to hold him until later the next morning but when I did I was in total awe. Again, all I could say was thank you God, thank you God. For the first time full term had been achieved. For the first time I would go home with a baby in my arms.

And here, now, 25 years later, how did we get here so fast? I smile, I'm still in awe, I still marvel at the young men that are our sons. I think I always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment